[gnome-bluetooth] 'Send to Bluetooth' menu option missing if filetype not recognised

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Aug 3 20:17:00 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 15:54 +0100, Neil Bird wrote:
>    On FC3 (Gnome 2.8) I've noticed that the 'Send to Bluetooth' menu option
> for a file is missing (I think you see it briefly then it goes away!) when a
> file is of an unrecognised type.
>
>    In this case, *./sis is not recognised, which is a bit irritating as it
> means I have to use obex_push to send apps. to my phone (and this only
> sometimes works as it seems to fight with gnome-obex-server).
>
>    Any work-arounds?  I'd be happy to add a fake MIME type for .sis, but I've
> tried and failed (as Gnome 2.8 has made it particularly difficult).

You can recompile your older version of gnome-bluetooth, and add a
couple of mime-types. This should be in
nautilus/GNOME_Bluetooth_Component.server.in.in

You could also use the current CVS of gnome-bluetooth, and
nautilus-sendto which should have those working properly.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>