[gnome-bluetooth] Building gnome-phone-manager for fedora

Kolbjorn Bekkelund kobe at rocketrange.no
Fri Jan 14 20:59:26 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 17:16 -0800, Nick wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build the phone manager v 0.4 on FC3. I got to the
> point where configure script fails to recognize the gsmlib library. I
> have the library installed:
> [nick at NS gnome-phone-manager-0.4]$ rpm -qa | grep gsm
> gsm-devel-1.0.10-5.1.fc3.rf
> gsm-1.0.10-5.1.fc3.rf
>
> The script actually complains about gsmme library that is not a part
> of these packages. Could somebody please help me to find it?
> ---------
> Here is what in the config.log file:
> configure:21790: checking for main in -lgsmme
> configure:21814: g++ -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.cc -lgsmme   >&5
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgsmme
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> configure:21820: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> | /* confdefs.h.  */
> ----------
>
> Thank you,
> Nick

I also got this error on FC3. What I did then was compiling the gsmlib
myself, using a patch I found out there. Send me an email and you'll get the patched version.
It should work! I does for me.

Regards
--
                                                 * |
                                                 | *
                                                 * |
Kolbjorn Bekkelund                               * |        ==|==
Technical Manager, ALOMAR Observatory            | *        |___|
Andoya Rocket Range                     ======================  |
  .-.    http://alomar.rocketrange.no    \  [] [] [] [] []  /   |  ----
  /v\    eMail: kobe at rocketrange.no       '----------------'----'--|  |
/(   )\  Using Linux for Science.....     | [   ]   | | [] |  |    |  |