[gnome-bluetooth] Missing save dialog?

Fredrik Noring noring at nocrew.org
Wed Jan 19 05:00:23 PST 2005

Hi Baptiste

ons 2005-01-19 klockan 13:23 +0100 skrev Baptiste Mille-Mathias:
> This operation require to know what is a command line, and it is not
> public matched in GNOME desktop.

I didn't know some Gnome applications had this concept of a universal
"download" folder and therefore it was unclear where the files were
actually saved. So I used the command line to find them even though it's
not Gnomish. :)

> Another idea should be to drop all files in
> ~/Desktop/Download/Bluetooth/ instead of the ~/Desktop/Download.

Maybe a good idea would be to present the user with a "Save" dialog the
first time, with a checkbox "Always save in this folder" much like the
one "Always accept files from this device"? The default location of the
"Save" dialog could be ~/ or ~/Desktop/Download or whatever but at least
the user will be able to confirm where the files are saved the first
time.

What do you think Edd?

Fredrik