[gnome-bluetooth] Phonemanager SE T610 patch & feedback

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmx.de
Fri Jul 22 01:01:38 BST 2005

(Sorry to reply so late, your message was caught by my providers
spamfilter)

Am Montag, den 11.07.2005, 15:42 +0100 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
> On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 18:50 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > First of all my feedback:
> >
> > - I'm not able to receive any messages with my SE T610.
> > - Sending works nice.
> > - Looking up phone numbers in evolution works nice.
> > - I have errors trying to connect to the phone, it always takes to
> > attempts, as you can see below.
>
> > > $ gnome-phone-manager
> > > ** Message: New connection device is 00:0F:DE:1C:xx:xx
> > > ** Message: Connecting...
> > > ** Message: Status 1
> > > ** Message: Making serial port connection
> > > conn_complete:  status 0x00
> > > Can't connect: Device or ressource busy
>
> Looks like we're going a bit too fast for your mobile.
> Could you try adding "g_usleep (2 * G_USEC_PER_SEC);" after the call to
> phonemgr_utils_guess_driver() in libgsm/phonemgr-listener.c ?

Yep, works, error message is gone and phonemanager connects fine. Good
work! Is this an equivalent to "serial_write_usleep" in gnokiirc?

"g_usleep (1 * G_USEC_PER_SEC);" works, too.

But i still can't receive any messages on the computer. I think this a
gnokii error and I'll have to dig deeper in the gnokii docs & mailing
list archives, but I m not very optimistic for support for phones other
than nokia seems to be limited.

(BTW: using gnocky (GUI) I can't make a connection at all, all I get is
a lot of "Device or ressource busy" errors.)

> If it works, we can look into a bit more resilience for that sort of
> error (maybe we're not closing the connection properly...).

Disconnect works fine, rfcomm port is released.

If I'll make any progress I'll let you all know.

Christoph