[gnome-bluetooth] GNOME-BLUETOOTH ON FEDORA

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmx.de
Fri Jul 22 01:27:29 BST 2005

Am Mittwoch, den 20.07.2005, 21:25 -0700 schrieb Eric John Arnaldo:
> I really need help!!!
>
> my situation:
> i) i have installed the bluetooth-subsystem from the
> rpm packages of fedora core 4 installer on my pc.
> ii) i have two usb-bluetooth-device
> iii) the devices are seen by command: hcitool dev
> iv) have many problems: the remote (other
> usb-bluetooth) device cannot be seen,

so "hcitool scan" does not work? Did you enable bluetooth on both pcs
with
$ chkconfig bluetooth on
$ wervice bluetooth start

Now you really _should_ be able see the remote device...

After that start system-config-securitylevel and disable "SELinux
protection for service bluetooth", otherwise you will not be able to
pair the devices.

You have to edit your /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf, too.
Set security to "user" and change the pinhelper from the dbus helper
(which is broken ATM) to the normal pin-helper /usr/bin/bluepin.

>  so i don't know
> if commands gnome-obex-send and gnome-obex-server
> works.

If you are trying to connect two computers you are probably looking for
something more sophisticated than sending files with obex. You can setup
a TCP/IP link over bluetooth with pan, see

http://bluez.sourceforge.net/contrib/HOWTO-PAN

Christoph