[gnome-bluetooth] Phone Manager feature request - is this possible/practical?

Derek Cramer dcramer at eircom.net
Wed Jun 29 15:59:51 BST 2005

Hi all,
Just wondering, how difficult would it be to get Phone Manager to use
the phonebook/names from the phone itself, apart from, or maybe as well
as using evolution-data-server? Maybe copy the phonebook contents the
first time the phone is connected, and then sync it every time
thereafter? This would allow incoming messages to be identified as the
name as it is in the phone and outgoing messages to be addressed by that
name also. This seems more natural to me, as I see Phone Manager as an
extension of the phone really.