[gnome-bluetooth] Phone Manager feature request - is this possible/practical?

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Jun 29 16:56:25 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 16:51 +0100, Derek Cramer wrote:
> OK, that's cool. I am using the cvs version, I know about the evo
> addressbook stuff, and it does indeed allow me to send using the
> evolution address book names. The thing is, I have almost 200
> names/numbers in the phone which are not in evolution. I was thinking
> maybe that names could be looked up from the phone directly, or imported
> directly from the phone. I noticed the bit about incoming messages too,

That's not planned to be integrated in gnome-phone-manager directly for
now. Looking up names on the phone is horrendously slow, and, once we
have some decent sync'ing system for the platform, we can think about
sync'ing to a particular addressbook, rather than the main evo one.

> and maybe this is just me, but I can't reply to messages until I clear
> (some of) the number and re-enter it/look it up. Other than that though,
> everything is hunky dory. :-)

Ha, you would need to file a bug about that (once the bugzilla server is
back up) so that I can think about fixing it.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
I don't want to be politically correct. I'm a dwarf - That's what I am.
-- Peter Dinklage