[gnome-bluetooth] Ubuntu 5.04 gnome-obex-server not working

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Fri Oct 21 11:43:43 BST 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 10:39 +0100, Pedro Carrico wrote:
> I've tinkered with google about this and found that more users are
> experiencing the same errors but I haven't fully understood where does
> the problem originate...some say it's because of gnome 2.10 and I've got
> gnome 2.10.A strace of gnome-obex server proved interesting and one line
> stands out just before the errors:
> bind(16, {sa_family=AF_BLUETOOTH,
> sa_data="\0\0\0\0\0\0\4\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"}, 10) = -1 EADDRINUSE (Address
> already in use)
> Wich tells me that something maybe allready running at that
> address...I'm puzzled...nothing related to bluetooth shows up in a "ps
> aux"...I can restart all bluetooth services  and remove the dongle and
> every module is loaded right but still can't start the gnome-obex-server...
> Please help me...I really need gnome-obex-server working...

This means that something is already listening on the channel reserved
for Obex transfers. Make sure hcid, and sdpd are running properly, and
that no other bluetooth programs are running on this port.
In the worst case, try after a reboot.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
"That Seaman is a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking
in his mirror rather than at the ball. You can't keep goal with hair
like that" - Brian Clough, on the pony-tailed former England goalkeeper
David Seaman.