[gnome-bluetooth] How Can I change the Receive Directory...Solved!

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at eku.edu
Sat Apr 15 04:21:43 BST 2006

On Apr 14, 2006, at 9:18 PM, Jerry LeVan wrote:

> Hi,
> My home directory is fairly cluttered... How can I change the
> receive directory
> to some other directory?
>
> The readme offers:
> * Save received files to the path specified in the
>   /apps/gnome-obex-server/savedir GConf key
>
> So how can I set the key?
>
> I am running FC5 with the most recent bluetooth rpms from Fedora.
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry

I created a gnome-obex-server directory in my .gconf directory
in my home directory in that directory created a file %gconf.xml
with contents:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
         <entry name="savedir" mtime="1144755883" type="string">
                 <stringvalue>/home/jerry/Desktop</stringvalue>
         </entry>
</gconf>

I rebooted.

Now sending a file via bluetooth to my linux box leaves
the file on the desktop.

Jerry