[gnome-bluetooth] a few errors with CVS version

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Thu Apr 20 16:02:37 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 16:56 +0200, Mirza Muharemagic wrote:
> hi,
>
> I just downloaded libbtctl, gnome-bluetooth and phone manager from CVS.
>
> 1. libbtctl compiled without any problems. I still had to edit
> autogen.sh manually, because it wasn't able to recognize my automake
> version (1.9). it was looking for 1.7 and 1.8, but not higher version
> number.

libbtctl uses gnome-autogen.sh from gnome-common. Update your gnome-
common installation from CVS, and if it doesn't work, file a bug against
gnome-common.

> 2. gnome-bluetooths autogen.sh ended with this error:
> --------------
> Running autoconf...
> configure.in.46: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
> If this token and others are legitemate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
> --------------
>
> line 46 is GOB2 check, so I compiled and installed latest gob2 (2.0.14)
> and after that autogen.sh/configure was ok.

I'll add the gob .m4 file, but that's really expected for CVS packages
to require 3rd-party .m4 scripts.

> but after that, make ended with this error:
> --------------
> controller.gob: In function `gnomebt_controller_discover_devices':
> controller.gob:109: error: too few arguments to function
> `btctl_controller_discover_devices'
> controller.gob: In function `gnomebt_controller_channels_for_service':
> controller.gob:297: error: too few arguments to function
> `btctl_controller_scan_for_service'
> make[3]: *** [gnomebt-controller.lo] Fehler 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gnomebluetooth/gnome-bluetooth/src'
> make[2]: *** [all] Fehler 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gnomebluetooth/gnome-bluetooth/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gnomebluetooth/gnome-bluetooth'
> make: *** [all] Fehler 2
>
> and now ... any ideas Bastien? :)

gnome-bluetooth wasn't updated for the recent changes (more error
reporting) to libbtctl.

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put