[gnome-bluetooth] import error: gnomebt

Thomas Breitner debian at tombreit.de
Wed Aug 23 16:27:57 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 23.08.2006, 17:05 +0100 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
> On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 17:51 +0200, Thomas Breitner wrote:
> <snip>
> > > You don't want to use this version of gnome-bluetooth-manager, it
> > > doesn't do anything useful.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >

> > hi,
> >
> > if i don't want to use this version/package - which one should i want to
> > use :-) (instead of gnome-bluetooth-manager, which you mentioned to be
> > replaced soon).
>
> gnome-bluetooth-manager isn't the only application in gnome-bluetooth.
> You also have an OBEX Send client and server, and widgets needed for
> gnome-phone-manager for example.
>
> What were you trying to do exactly?

you may laugh, but i will use the features the software provides, so
perhaps things like:
* notification if some bt-devices come in range
* pairing bt-devices
* managing/transfering files on bt-devices (pictures) (ok, this is the
gnome-obex-server part)
* if there would be a button for syncing the phonebook without starting
multisync by hand
* impress my girlfriend, and and and

i tried g-b-m because *manager* sounds a lot like the central place in
gnome for managing/bundling bt-related functions - and i like the
concept of "one place rules them all" (pardon my english).

thanks,
thomas