[gnome-bluetooth] Unable to send/receive files > 130K

Jonathan Share jon.share at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 14:15:38 BST 2006

On 7/4/06, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 16:09 +0200, Jonathan Share wrote:
> > Has anyone heard of people having problems sending and receiving files
> > over a certain size ?
> >
> > Note: There is no exact size that causes a problem, I tried to find
> > the boundary using a text file adding a character at a time to find at
> > what size the error starts occurring but when I repeat the experiment
> > to verify the number it succeeds where it had previously failed :-(
>
> Most of those are likely to be firmware bugs on the phones themselves,
> or the poor quality of the connection.

Everything works fine on exactly the same hardware booted into
Windows, with both phones that are from completly different
manufacturers (Sony Ericsson and HTC), between the two phones
independent of a computer, and to/from my newly purchased MacBook
(tested yesterday but only with the SE), therefore I really don't
think that this is a failure of the phone firmware (but might poke
around the SE developer forums anyway).

> Also, from seeing your follow-up mail, it's really unclear how the
> gnome-bluetooth tools could be the problem. The BlueZ lists might be a
> better idea for this sort of discussion, if Linux is involved at all,
> otherwise I'd complain to your phone vendor.

Didn't think about the BlueZ list, will try that next week when I have
time to fiddle again, just came here first as it was the first place
that came to mind.

Jon