[gnome-bluetooth] Unable to Connect Motorola V557

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Thu Mar 30 12:48:12 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 23:27 -0500, Trevor Nightingale wrote:
> All I would like to be able to do is transer files to and from my
> Motorola V557 phone to my Linux machine. I am able to detect the phone,
> however I am not able to connect to it. My suspicion is that it is
> related to the pin, although I have not been able to resolve it.
>
> Has anyone seen this problem, have any ideas how I could debug it, or
> suggest what I should try next.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.
>
> Here is some information:
>
> I am running Ubuntu breezy.

<snip>
> --------------------------- hidd cannot find the phone ----------
> trevor at sneezy:~$ sudo hidd --search
> Password:
> Searching ...

That's normal, your phone isn't a input device...

<snip>

> trevor at sneezy:~$ obexftp -b 00:17:00:09:69:80 -B9 -l
> Browsing 00:17:00:09:69:80 ...
> Channel: 9
> No custom transport
> Connecting...bt: 1
> done
> Receiving (null)... failed: (null)
> Disconnecting...done
> Profile Descriptor List:
>   "Imaging" (0x111a)
>     Version: 0x0100
>
> trevor at sneezy:~$ obexftp -b 00:17:00:09:69:80 -B 9 -l
> Browsing 00:17:00:09:69:80 ...
> Channel: 9
> No custom transport
> Connecting...bt: 1
> failed: FBS UUID
> Still trying to connect
> Connecting...bt: 1
> failed: FBS UUID
> Still trying to connect
> Connecting...bt: 1
> failed: FBS UUID
> Still trying to connect

It looks like obexftp might be broken. Are the devices actually paired?
You'll want to try to send and receive files with the gnome-bluetooth,
to check that the devices are paired correctly.

If obexftp doesn't work, then you'll need to file a bug with obexftp
directly. See:
http://openobex.triq.net/obexftp/
and the FAQ as well:
http://openobex.triq.net/obexftp/faq

I'm afraid that the gnome-bluetooth ML isn't the right place for generic
bluetooth help.

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
I can kiss a man hard and deep, but I don't want to scare him.