[gnome-bluetooth] Bluetooth-applet / File Sharing / hciconfig

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 20:48:31 BST 2007

On 6/11/07, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 22:22 +0100, Rick Seymour wrote:
> > Are there any plans to integrate all the features of Bluetooth File
> > Sharing applet into the bluetooth main applet? Rather than having two
> > applets, one for file sharing and another to load up the preferences
> > just have one.
>
> The "main bluetooth applet" is part of bluez-gnome, not gnome-bluetooth.
>
> But the plan is to move all the services currently offered by
> gnome-bluetooth to bluez-gnome and its dependencies.
>
> See
> http://code.google.com/soc/gnome/appinfo.html?csaid=9A663A0AC40813A9
> and
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBluetooth
> for some more info on the (long-term) plans.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>

Whoow, great news. Can you just tell me what long-term actually means?
Will it be in next gnome, or at least partially - in Gnome 2.20? Of
course we (long time linux users but not devels) would like to see it
yesterday and can't wait to play with it... so any progress is much
anticipated.

Thank you very much.

Valent from Croatia.

--