[gnome-bluetooth] interoperability issue: failure to disconnect obex

Allen Hubbe allenbh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 08:30:54 BST 2007

I have a symptom that seems to stem from libobex-client.h not having a
disconnect function.

Here is my symptom:  I can send anything from my phone to my pc
without any problem.  In the direction from my computer to the phone,
however, it doesn't work.  It looks like all the data is sent, but as
soon as the transfer completes my phone says the transfer was
canceled.  Viewing traffic with hcidump, transfers in both directions
seem to be successful, and the receiver returns a 200 (OK) status
after the last put in both directions.  It appears that the only
difference is my phone sends the OBEX Disconnect message after the
transfer and my pc does not.

I am using nautilus-sendto, which executes gnome-obex-send, which uses
libobex-client.h as its api.

A fix could be to add a disconnect function to libobex-client.h,
implement it, and call that disconnect function in gnome-obex-send.c
in complete_callback, when the transfer is completed.  If nobody wants
to jump right in, I'm willing to attempt a patch, but I don't know how
long it would take me.  I'll certainly stay out of the way if someone
else wants to do it.

Allen