[gnome-bluetooth] I need help pulling photos off my phone via bluetooth

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Oct 29 22:06:12 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 21:57 +0000, Matthew Wilson wrote:
> I have a Samsung A707 phone with AT&T.  They call this the SYNC phone.
> Anyway, I can export photos off the phone when I boot into Windows, but
> all attempts to do this with my Ubuntu linux box have failed.

This isn't a support forum for all things Bluetooth. You should use the
bluez-user mailing list instead.

Make sure the bluetooth-applet (from bluez-gnome) is installed and
running. After that, you can access the files on the phone using
gnome-vfs-obexftp.

On a Fedora 8 machine, simply right-click on the bluetooth applet,
select "Browse Device..." and select your phone. Don't know how they do
it on Ubuntu.

Cheers