[gnome-bluetooth] gnome-bt & sdptool conflict

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Apr 30 10:34:00 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 21:21 +1200, Morgan Read wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 20:42 +1200, Morgan Read wrote:
> >> Hi Folks
> >>
> >> Does it make any sense to be able to transfer files between my Moto slvr
> >> l7 via gnome-bluetooth (nautilus gui) yet get these results from sdptool:
> >
> > Conflict of what?
> I figured that gnome-bluetooth nautilus makes use of OPUSH or FTP to
> browse, so if I'm able to browse why don't these services show up,
> either by searching for them specifically or just browsing with sdptool?

Probably because your phone isn't visible, for example.
sdptool --bdaddr ADDRESS search OPUSH
should work.

In any cases, your problem lies with the Bluetooth stack, if browsing
the phone works. Try mailing the bluez-user mailing-list if the above
command doesn't work. Note that some phone brands (Nokias) have a
crippled version of ObexFTP, and another service is actually used for
those (I know you have a Motorola, just mentioning it for completeness
sake).