[gnome-bluetooth] gnome-bt & sdptool conflict

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Thu May 1 06:34:36 BST 2008

Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 21:21 +1200, Morgan Read wrote:
>> Bastien Nocera wrote:

>>> Conflict of what?
>> I figured that gnome-bluetooth nautilus makes use of OPUSH or FTP to
>> browse, so if I'm able to browse why don't these services show up,
>> either by searching for them specifically or just browsing with sdptool?
>
> Probably because your phone isn't visible, for example.
> sdptool --bdaddr ADDRESS search OPUSH
> should work.
>
> In any cases, your problem lies with the Bluetooth stack, if browsing
> the phone works. Try mailing the bluez-user mailing-list if the above
> command doesn't work. Note that some phone brands (Nokias) have a
> crippled version of ObexFTP, and another service is actually used for
> those (I know you have a Motorola, just mentioning it for completeness
> sake).

Thanks for the pointers.
Regards,
M.

--
Getting errors: "There are problems with the signature" (or similar)?
Update your system by installing certificates from CAcert Inc, see here:

Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND
<mailto:mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz>

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does
differ from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
        http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220

RMS on fedora: