[gnome-bluetooth] Hi again!!

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Mon Oct 27 07:32:24 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 00:58 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> (FWIW, gnome-phone-manager's only task is to send and receive SMS
> messages right now, and it certainly doesn't browse files, sending the
> command-line output of the program would help better than simply
> describing the "error" icon).

I have noted though that I am yet to be able to send an SMS from my
machine via a bonded phone.

I know the phone is bonded fine because the correct passkey interaction
happens when starting phone manager, it correctly reports the phone it
is bonded to, and looking under "Browse device..." the phone is there.
Moreover, I can browse the OBEX accessible filestore on the phone, so
Bluetooth is working as is the OBEX connection.

However whenever I try and send an SMS, I can create a message, get the
phone number from the Evolution managed "phone book" but pressing send
simply closes the dialogue, no attempt is made to send an SMS.

(Is it correct that the Bluetooth connection is kept up all the time?
My phone flashes  as thoughn it is -- not a problem except that it means
I have to plug the phone into the mains !)
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                       t: +44 20 7585 2200