[gnome-bluetooth] automatically pairing at boot

Mike Turquette mturquette at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 02:46:10 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong list to pose this question.  I've
recently compiled Bluez 4.36, a recent Linux kernel 2.6.29 rc and
gnome-bluetooth from source.  I love the application!  It works
beautifully.

My main issue is that after pairing if my machine sleeps or reboots,
or if my keyboard sleeps then the connection is lost.  The only way to
get around this is to use a wired mouse to open the gnome-bluetooth
applet and completely delete my connection (which is still listed),
and then go through the whole pairing process again.

Is it the responsibility of gnome-bluetooth or Bluez  to maintain such
connections?  (I imagine bluetoothd is responsible, but there is NO
documentation for Bluez 4.x)  Is the kind of behaviour I'm looking for
(seamless reconnection) supported?

Sorry if I'm spamming the wrong list but all searches for the answer
are filled with Ubuntu users that use nasty hacks in their Bluez 3.x
configuration files  ;-)

Regards,
Mike