[gnome-bluetooth] Finding my Bluetooth device

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Apr 22 15:24:50 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 15:02 +0200, Kobboi wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 13:26 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> > > That would be bluez-4.32
> >
> > >From the README:
> > Requirements
> > ------------
> > <snip>
> > - BlueZ 4.34 is absolutely required
> >
> > You need to upgrade bluez.
>
> I upgraded to BlueZ 4.36 and filed a bug with my ditsro to correct the
> versionless dependency.

Great, and please tell them to keep an eye on the README in the future.
<snip>
> I still can't see my adapter though.

Is bluetoothd running, and accessible via Bluetooth?

(launch d-feet, look for org.bluez in the system bus, and make it
execute / -> org.bluez.Manager -> ListAdapters)

If you compiled from source, you can also try test-client in common/

> Don't know how to check if glib has gio support. I don't see it in the
> configure step (I assume it's built into recent glib versions?)

That's unlikely to make a different (you wouldn't have been able to
compile without it), and it's in all recent versions of glib.

Cheers

PS: Why do I receive 3 or 4 copies of each of your mails?