[gnome-bluetooth] Enabling serial rfcomm in gnome-bluetooth

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Thu Jun 4 17:23:53 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 10:03 -0500, Jud Craft wrote:
> That is one all-start response.  I was starting to worry that there
> wasn't any traffic on the gnome-bluetooth list.

I was on holidays :)

> Thanks a lot!  I'll hop around to the Bitpim place after a while and
> ask them about using real Bluetooth.

Well, not so much "real" as "native".

> In the meantime, since gnome-bluetooth doesn't support rfcomm
> functionality, does that mean I need to install bluez-gnome in order
> to enable it?  (Or is sticking rfcomm in /etc/rc.local all it takes?
> I'm not sure if you mean that the Bluez stack is a prerequisite for
> rfcomm capability.)
>
> If so, can I install bluez-gnome alongside gnome-bluetooth?  I don't
> want to mess up my F11 Bluetooth stack.

You can't install bluez-gnome and gnome-bluetooth at the same time, the
binary names, are the same.

Adding the line above in your rc.local will have the same effect as
using the "serial" service in the old bluez-gnome (except it will keep
across reboots).

Cheers