[gnome-bluetooth] keyboard/mouse automatic connect?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Sat Aug 7 10:48:12 CEST 2010

Hello Gnome Bluetooth

I hope this is the right place to post, posting to linux.bluz list
looked a little intimidating...

I posted here:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2010-July/379184.html
About automated bt keyboard at start up, the answer was that
everything's changed...  Now config is no longer in config files under
/etc/bluetooth or /etc/sysconfig/bluetooth, but via udev rules.  But, I
haven't found any documentation on those rules?  Are there any pointers?

I see my bt keyboard show up under Devices under the bt logo drop-down
menu, and I see it also in other accounts - so this info seems to be
shared system-wide.  The only trouble is that it does not seem to auto
connect.  This seems to have to be done manually once logged into an
account - which is a wee bit counter-productive for the system keyboard
& mouse...

I really need this from boot, which I suspect must be possible as the
config seems to be system wide.

Any pointers would be very much appreciated, by others too I suspect.

Many thanks,
M.
--
Morgan Read