[gnome-bluetooth] troubleshooting gps over bluetooth?

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Sat May 15 17:09:46 CEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 16:42 +0200, Alexey Fisher wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 15.05.2010, 14:57 +0100 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
> > On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 07:41 +0200, Alexey Fisher wrote:
> > > Hallo all,
> > > i have gps logger/receiver "Wintec G-Rays 2" and i have some problems to
> > > use it with gnome-bluetooth. How can i troubleshoot to make it work out
> > > of the box?
> >
> > If you managed to pair your device with your computer, then there's
> > nothing more that gnome-bluetooth can do.
>
> The problem is, gnome-bluetooth do not pair it. it only add to know
> device list.

The device is called WBT-201:
http://www.wintec.com.tw/en/product_detail.php?pro_id=65

I cannot find the manual for that device telling me which PIN you're
supposed to use. And you're not telling me what exact steps you've taken
to pair the device.

Why doesn't it pair it? Did you set a PIN in the Bluetooth set up?

>  The /dev/rfcomm will not appear with gnome-bluetooth.

Why should it? Properly written gps daemons (like gypsy) will talk
through Bluetooth natively, without the need to go through a serial port
emulation in the kernel, or creating that serial port by hand.

Cheers