[gnome-bluetooth] No Bluetooth Found, Plug in a dongle to use Bluetooth

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:35:35 EDT 2016

Hi Bastien,

On 19 July 2016 at 15:27, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-07-19 at 13:30 +0200, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My name is Bjørn, this is my first post to this list.
>>
>> I'm trying to get gnome-bluetooth working on NixOS, but I'm facing a
>> blocking issue. This issue also appear on Ubuntu 16.04, so I figure
>> it's not really a NixOS problem.
>
> What version of gnome-bluetooth and gnome-settings are used?

gnome-bluetooth: 3.20.0
gnome-settings-daemon: 3.20.1

> What's the output of:
> gdbus introspect --session --dest org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Rfkill --object-path /org/gnome/SettingsDaemon/Rfkill
> and of:
> rfkill list
>
> both run as a normal user.

$ gdbus introspect --session --dest org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Rfkill
--object-path /org/gnome/SettingsDaemon/Rfkill
node /org/gnome/SettingsDaemon/Rfkill {
  interface org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties {
    methods:
      Get(in  s interface_name,
          in  s property_name,
          out v value);
      GetAll(in  s interface_name,
             out a{sv} properties);
      Set(in  s interface_name,
          in  s property_name,
          in  v value);
    signals:
      PropertiesChanged(s interface_name,
                        a{sv} changed_properties,
                        as invalidated_properties);
    properties:
  };
  interface org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable {
    methods:
      Introspect(out s xml_data);
    signals:
    properties:
  };
  interface org.freedesktop.DBus.Peer {
    methods:
      Ping();
      GetMachineId(out s machine_uuid);
    signals:
    properties:
  };
  @org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.CSymbol("gsd_rfkill_manager")
  interface org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Rfkill {
    methods:
    signals:
    properties:
      readwrite b AirplaneMode = false;
      readonly b HardwareAirplaneMode = false;
      readonly b HasAirplaneMode = false;
      readonly b ShouldShowAirplaneMode = true;
      readwrite b BluetoothAirplaneMode = false;
      readonly b BluetoothHardwareAirplaneMode = false;
      readonly b BluetoothHasAirplaneMode = false;
  };
};

$ rfkill list
0: hci0: Bluetooth