[lextypes] Patterns in DLL

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Jul 23 15:46:40 BST 2003

Bob Foster scripsit:

> Since there is (in general and in this case) no way to merge the results,
> should I assume that parse results are specific to a datatype?

I don't see how there could be any other way.  1938 could parse as just the
integer part of a number datatype, but as century-year in an appropriately
defined date datatype.

> (If yes, this implies to me that there is an api that can interrogate the
> decorated-by-means-as-yet-unspecified node to obtain a specific datatype
> result, or all of the datatype results. That is, if there is no api, what is
> the point? If there is one, it must offer one or both of these services.)

+1

--
They do not preach                              John Cowan
  that their God will rouse them                jcowan at reutershealth.com
    A little before the nuts work loose.        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
They do not teach                               http://www.reutershealth.com
  that His Pity allows them                         --Rudyard Kipling,
    to drop their job when they damn-well choose.   "The Sons of Martha"