[phpxmlrpc] Patching xmlrpc library

Dino Termini dtermini@mbigroup.it
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:39:35 +0100

Hi all, i'm new in this list. We at MBIGroup decided to implement an
architecture using xmlrpc methods, and an MVC model for organizing
responsibilies among pieces. So we are developing a frontend in PHP
which uses a Python backend (xmlrpc server) to get data. Ok, stop
babbling... The question is: i found that xmlrpc.inc has a 'bug'
exploited with PHP 4.1.0, about inheritance and global variables. In
fact, enabling DEBUG messages from the library, i saw the XML received
from server, and then 'evaling ...' phrase, with the correct code
(something like new xmlrpcval("test", '') etc etc). But the xmlrpcresp
returned to high level procedure was empty... and kindof of the value
returned 'undef'. I inspected the code of the library, and after some
test, i realized that 'global' calls into class functions/methods did
not work correctly. Now i included some 'patch' rows, adding a global
registration of variables (through $GLOBALS superglobal array), and
everything is working fine. Do you know another way of solving the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Dino from Italy.

--
Dino Termini
MBI Srl - Mediterranean Broadband Infrastructure