[phpxmlrpc] [Fwd: xmlrpc signing]

Justin R. Miller incanus@codesorcery.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:29:40 -0500

Apologies if this should be kept on the -devel list.  Feel free to
correct followups.  And I believe that Andres is on at least the -devel
list.

I was just curious what advantage (besides the obvious encryption
strength improvement) PGP/GnuPG support in these XML-RPC bindings has
over the HTTPS/cURL-based certificate support that myself and Garrett
Rooney added.

I suppose that with PGP you've got a certification as to the
authenticity of the client, and not just the security of the protocol
and authrorization to exchange.  But it seems like this might be pretty
hackish to get into HTTP.

Then again, you guys at Voxel could be up to anything ;-)

(BTW, Hi Andres!)

Said Edd Dumbill on Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 07:48:00AM +0000:

> Any comments?  Please be sure to CC Andres.

- --
[!] Justin R. Miller <incanus@codesorcery.net>
    Encrypted email preferred (key 0xC9C40C31)