[phpxmlrpc] getting results from server ok but!

Jeff Barr jeff at vertexdev.com
Fri Dec 19 14:13:44 GMT 2003

Obantec Support wrote:

> i have put together a php script to access a whois server that uses xml.
> now i used their guides to send correct format of message but am lost as to
> how to use the response.

You need to take the results apart using functions such as value,
scalarval, and structmem. If your function returned a single
value you would do something like this:

   $Val       = $result->value();
   $ScalarVal = $Val->scalarval();

If it returned a structure with name and age members:

   $Val     = $result->value();
   $NameVal = $Val->structmem("name");
   $AgeVal  = $Val->structmem("age");
   $Name    = $NameVal->scalarval();