[phpxmlrpc] RE: Undefined variables

Jason Bradley Nance aitrus@tresgeek.net
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:18:28 -0600

That isn't the problem.  The problem is that my xmlrpc server isn't working, and
I don't know why.  It says that I'm not passing correct parameters, but as far
as I know I am...

Soo... Debugging tips?

Quoting Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net>:

> It sounds like you have error reporting E_ALL turned on.  For now, you can
> turn off notice reporting by using error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); in
> your script.  Getting rid of all notice warnings in XMLRPC is something
> that I have planned, once we actually start using E_ALL at voxel.  'Til
> then, patches are welcome.
>

> On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:11:30 -0600, Jason Bradley Nance wrote:
>
> > Okay, I fixed the fatal error.  It was my stupidness using the wrong
> > version of my code... *sigh*
> > But I'm still unable to debug what is happening.  The output I get is:
> >
> > ---GOT---
> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> > Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 16:06:57 GMT
> > Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.2.2 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a mod_perl/1.27
> > mod_layout/3.2 mod_ssl/2.8.9 OpenSSL/0.9.6b X-Powered-By: PHP/4.2.2
> > Connection: close
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <methodResponse>
> > <fault>
> >   <value>
> >     <struct>
> >       <member>
> >         <name>faultCode</name>
> >       </member>
> >       <member>
> >         <name>faultString</name>
> >         <value><string>Incorrect parameters passed to method: Wanted , got
> > at param )</string></value>
> >       </member>
> >     </struct>
> >   </value>
> > </fault>
> > </methodResponse>
> > ---END---
> >
> > ---EVALING---[178 chars]---
> > new xmlrpcval(array('faultCode' => new xmlrpcval(3, 'int'),'faultString'
> > => new xmlrpcval("Incorrect parameters passed to method: Wanted , got  at
> > param )", 'string')), 'struct');
> > ---END---
> >
> > But because of this:
> >
> > PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  wanted in
> > /home/httpd/html-dev/xrtests/xmlrpcs.inc on line 207 PHP Notice:
> > Undefined variable:  got in /home/httpd/html-dev/xrtests/xmlrpcs.inc on
> > line 207 PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  pno in
> > /home/httpd/html-dev/xrtests/xmlrpcs.inc on line 207
> >
> > I don't know what's happening with the parameters...
> >
> > Ideas?

> >> PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  ac in xmlrpc.inc on line 333 PHP Notice:
> >> Undefined variable:  wanted in xmlrpcs.inc on line 207 PHP Notice:
> >> Undefined variable:  got in xmlrpcs.inc on line 207 PHP Notice:
> >> Undefined variable:  pno in xmlrpcs.inc on line 207 PHP Fatal error:
> >> Call to a member function on a non-object in xmlrpc.inc on line 1018
> >
> > --
> > Jason Bradley Nance
> > Tres Geek
> > aitrus@tresgeek.net
> > http://tresgeek.net/
> >
> > "What would you cry for?
> >  Swallow your pride for?
> >  What would you go wild for?"
> >
> >                   -- Poe, "Wild"

Jason Bradley Nance
aitrus@tresgeek.net
http://www.tresgeek.net/

-
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have
 and take a step into the darkness of the unknown
 we must believe that one of two things will happen:
        There will be something solid for us to stand on
         or we will be taught to fly.

                -Patrick Overton, "Faith"