[phpxmlrpc] entity changes

Jeff Barr jeff at vertexdev.com
Thu May 29 00:23:02 BST 2003

I am testing out this code and there are still some issues. My server
is trying to return a string containing the folllowing encoded characters:

    ¸

If any of these characters are present in the returned string then
the client (also using PHP XML-RPC) dies like this:

    XML error: undefined entity at line 10

The characters appear to be properly encoded in the XML. Here's
some debug output from the client:

    <value><string>Børsen
Online</string></value>

As an experiment, I stripped these characters out on the client
side in xmlrpcmsg::parseResponse and I didn't get the undefined
entity error.

I believe that the server should insert entity declarations for
these characters. Is this correct?

Jeff;