[phpxmlrpc] (no subject)

Charles Kefauver ckefauver at ibacom.es
Thu Nov 20 12:55:47 GMT 2003

Dear Sirs,

I have been trying your xmprpc librarry, but I am having a problem. It
is the same problem as happens on your own page! If you load :

http://xmlrpc.usefulinc.com:80/demo/server.php

You will notice the following:

The last word on the page is:

        </methodResp

when it should obviously be:

        </methodResponse>

(in other words the last 5 characters are missing).

What I have done to fix this is to edit the "xmlrpc.inc" file, and
modify the line that says:

        result .= "\n </methodResponse>";

        result .= "\n </methodResponse>     ";   #i.e. I have added 5
spaces

and now the xml result page is complete.

However this "patch" does not seem like a good idea, and the problem
itself seems to indicate that this string chopping could occur in other
places...

How can I fix this cleanly?

Thanks,
Charles