R: [phpxmlrpc] Re: XML-RPC for PHP Error

Gaetano Giunta giunta.gaetano at sea-aeroportimilano.it
Wed Feb 4 13:30:53 GMT 2004

It might not be the final solution, but if you take a look at the latest patch I posted on sourceforge, there is a possible 'transition' out of this problem:

- if the PHP XML libraries built in are available, it will register 'our' functions with new names (e.g. xmlrpc_encode_new : to be agreed upon)
- if the PHP XML libraries built in are not available, it will register 'our' functions with new names as well as with the canonical ones

Then we can 'deprecate' usage of the canonical names in the next releases in favour of the new nnames and drop them in some years time...

Ciao
Gaetano