[phpxmlrpc] Problems with example (first webservice)

keroppi kero xmlrpc at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 10:59:25 PST 2004

I installed IIS in my windows. Then I installed PHP (4.3.9 by installer). I
tryed php pages and it wokk fine.

Then I put xmlrpc for php directory in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\php .
Afeter this I create two files:

sample.php:
<?php
    include 'xmlrpc.inc';
    include 'xmlrpcs.inc';

    function sumAndDifference ($params) {

        // Parse our parameters.
        $xval = $params->getParam(0);
        $x = $xval->scalarval();
        $yval = $params->getParam(1);
        $y = $yval->scalarval();

        // Build our response.
        $struct = array('sum' => new xmlrpcval($x + $y, 'int'),
                        'difference' => new xmlrpcval($x - $y, 'int'));
        return new xmlrpcresp(new xmlrpcval($struct, 'struct'));
    }

    // Declare our signature and provide some documentation.
    // (The PHP server supports remote introspection. Nifty!)
    $sumAndDifference_sig = array(array('struct', 'int', 'int'));
    $sumAndDifference_doc = 'Add and subtract two numbers';

    new xmlrpc_server(array('sample.sumAndDifference' =>
                            array('function' => 'sumAndDifference',
                                  'signature' => $sumAndDifference_sig,
                                  'docstring' => $sumAndDifference_doc)));
    ?>

and sumAndDifference2.php:
    <head>
    <title>XML-RPC PHP Demo</title>
    </head>
    <h1>XML-RPC PHP Demo</h1>

    <?php
    include 'xmlrpc.inc';

    // Make an object to represent our server.
    $server = new xmlrpc_client('/php/sample.php',
                                'localhost', 80);

    // Send a message to the server.
    $message = new xmlrpcmsg('sample.sumAndDifference',
                             array(new xmlrpcval(5, 'int'),
                                   new xmlrpcval(3, 'int')));
    $result = $server->send($message);

    // Process the response.
    if (!$result) {
        print "<p>Could not connect to HTTP server.</p>";
    } elseif ($result->faultCode()) {
        print "<p>XML-RPC Fault #" . $result->faultCode() . ": " .
            $result->faultString();
    } else {
        $struct = $result->value();
        $sumval = $struct->structmem('sum');
        $sum = $sumval->scalarval();
        $differenceval = $struct->structmem('difference');
        $difference = $differenceval->scalarval();
        print "<p>Sum: " . htmlentities($sum) .
            ", Difference: " . htmlentities($difference) . "</p>";
    }
    ?>
After this I put xmlrpc.inc and xmlrpcs.inc into D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\php

After this I opened browser (IE) and enter
localhost/php/sumAndDifference2.php, then execute and recibe this message:

XML-RPC PHP Demo
XML error: junk after document element at line 2
XML-RPC Fault #2:

I don't understand why it doesn't work.

Anyone knows what is my mistake?

Please help me, I tryed make a webservice and I can not begin it.

Thanks for you attention, keroppi.