RIF: [phpxmlrpc] Request timeouts

Jeff Tupholme jeff-lists at makemyshow.com
Thu May 11 15:45:30 BST 2006

Hi,

Thanks Gaetano. I tried setting the timeout of the send method or
'default_socket_timeout' on the client, both to no effect. This is on
Mac OS X with PHPXMLRPC 1.2.1, PHP 4.4.1 and plain HTTP. My server is
running 1.2.1 also but with PHP 5.1.1 on NetBSD.

Anyway, it's a moot point now as I doubled the performance of my script
so that it runs in under a minute. That was by using APD:

  http://pecl.php.net/package/apd

It's highly recommended.

Regards,

Jeff