[phpxmlrpc] zlib / xmlrpc

Gaetano Giunta giunta.gaetano at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 18:42:41 BST 2008

bolle at tiscali.co.uk a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I seem to have confused everyone - including myself with my last
> question. I got my versions of XML-RPC mixed up and it appears that I'm
> using the PHP extention which does not appear to be a capable of
> sending un-compressed XML which is a problem because Internet explorer
> has a bug in it which breaks any flash movies  receiving cached data.

Uhm, looks more like a flash bug than IE one.
In general, any server which respects the http protocol will only send
compressed responses when the client declares support for it in the request.
To disable output compression done by php, you can
- check out the values of output_handler and zlib.output_compression in
php.ini file. If you control that file, you should disable both. Or you
can use ini_set from within your serever php file.
- verify if http compression is not done by the webserver after the php
processing (eg. by mod_deflate for apache)
> So I'm now considering using the PHPXMLRPC extention. I understand
> that using the EXTRAS package I should be able to create an environment
> which is totally compatible with the PHP extension.
>
> One of the features we use (a lot..) in the PHP extentions is the
> ability that you can swap between XML-RPC format and simpleRPC. See:
>
> http://xmlrpc-epi.sourceforge.net/main.php?t=php_api#output_options
>
> Is that supported in the PHPXMLRPC implementation?

Not yet, sorry. The reimplemented version of xmlrpc_server_call_method
does not honour the $output_options parameter at all.
It might be a nice addition, but I have no time frame for that.

Bye
Gaetano