[redland-dev] Re: Redland: Problem With Python-Bindings

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 13:58:01 GMT 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:09:25 +0300, ëÏÎÓÔÁÎÔÉÎ <beholder at mmska.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to install bindings from the CVS
> And after executing autoget.sh,
> I receive : 'config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in'

Some part of autogen.sh related to running automake must have failed -
you will need to email the output of that so I can see.

automake does the Makefile.am -> Makefile.in operation.

> Any idea, how to deal with that?
> There no Makefile.in in cvs repository(and in spanshot, it exists, but I
> get problems with swig on install :))

Ensure that you have a working automake, aclocal and autoconf in
your PATH.

I really suggest you use the source snapshots tar.gz.

swig stuff only matters when you run configure, which is after
running autogen.sh.  What swig problems do you have?  What kind
and version of operating system are you running?

Dave