[redland-dev] Win32 - patch 1 of three

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Thu May 19 10:53:59 BST 2005

On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:09:56 +1200, John C Barstow <jbowtie at amathaine.com> wrote:

> Here's the first of three patches for updated Windows support.

I only got two patches?

> .. This is
> based on the 1.0.0 code base and patches existing files. Note that you
> probably don't want to apply this patch blindly; C is not my best
> language and macros could probably be employed for better code.

Some of the things such as editing generated header files, I won't be
merging.  Changes for win32 #defines belong in
win32_(librdf|raptor|rasqal)_config.h which is enabled when -DWIN32
is defined.  See the detail below.

> I'm also attaching the patch as a file in case a mail server/client
> mangles things. Non-patch notes will be summarized in a separate, fourth
> mail.

This is the merge summary:

librdf.h
   extern REDLAND_API - yes, slight edit
rdf_config.h
  #define changes - yes. however moved to win32_rdf_config.h and edited
rdf_model.c
  inline - no.  define REDLAND_INLINE and override in win32_rdf_config.h
redland.h
  change to "librdf.h" - no.  Fix this in your build system
raptor_general.c
  delete rdfxmla serializer - no.  Added #defines for serializers
  which can be disabled individually by your build environment or elsewhere.
raptor_uri.c
  one line edit - no.  need an explanation why this is done:
	-  p=ud->path+1;
	+  p=ud->path;
win32_raptor_config.h
  headers - yes.
rasqal_internal.h
  inline - no. overridde in win32_rasqal_config.h if you need it
rasqal_query.c
  inline - yes
win32_rasqal_config.h
  #define YY_NO_UNISTD_H - yes