[redland-dev] librdf_model_get_arcs_out assertion failure

David Nickerson david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg
Fri Jan 5 04:21:10 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am using the librdf_model_get_arcs_out method (from C code) to iterate
through all the arcs out of a given node in an RDF model. Whenever I
call this method I get the following printed to stderr

rdf_node.c:677: (librdf_new_node_from_node) assertion failed: object
pointer of type librdf_node is NULL.

I get this for both the Redland 1.0.5 I built myself and the FC5 binary
packages (redland 1.0.5-1, rasqal 0.9.13-1, and raptor 1.4.13-1) from
http://download.librdf.org/binaries/redhat/fc5/. I'm also getting the
same behaviour when using rdfproc with the arcs-out command.

Despite the assertion failure everything seems to work fine and I'm
getting all the results (arcs) I expect from a given node - again in
both my code and by using rdfproc.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? or have I missed something obvious?
I'm new to redland (and RDF in general) and some pointers to where to
start looking would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
David.

--
David Nickerson, PhD