[redland-dev] a question on the php bindings

Andrew Khoo (Chuan) akhoo at risd.edu
Mon Mar 3 04:51:38 GMT 2008

Hi again folks,

I've already have redland, raptor and rasqal installed and running,
and I'm trying to compile the redland php bindings on my machine (osx
leopard, php 5.2.4), but it doesn't seem to work properly.

"./configure --with-php"  went fine, although "make" did give a list
of similar warnings. here's one of them:

"warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of
‘librdf_digest_update’ differ in signedness"

after a "sudo make install" (and checking that it did copy
redland.bundle over to my php extension dir), I tried to run 'make
check' and this is what it returned as the error:

Testing Redland...
dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Symbol not found: _executor_globals
   Referenced from: /Users/passenger/Desktop/server/redland-
bindings-1.0.7.1/php/redland.bundle
   Expected in: flat namespace

make[2]: *** [test-php] Trace/BPT trap
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

Any clues on why this is happening? Was my redland.bundle compiled
with missing symbols? I am certain that redland, raptor and rasqal are
installed; all of their config executables run and rdfproc works as it
should.

Thanks,
Andrew