[redland-dev] Help - trying to build librdf but rasqal version number showing incorrect value

Serbin, Shawn sserbin at bnl.gov
Wed Jun 27 09:57:16 EDT 2018

Hello

I am trying to build the redland libs on my linux cluster (SciLinux base 6.5, but regularly updated) and running into an issue building redland.  I successfully built raptor and rasqal libs, but when attempting to build redland (i.e. librdf) it complains that my rasqal is too old

"checking for RASQAL... no
configure: error: Rasqal is not installed or too old - see http://librdf.org/rasqal/ to get a version in range 0.9.25 to 0.9.99"

BUT i built rasqal 0.9.33 on my system.  This is in the location:

"[sserbin at modex bin]$ which rasqal-config
/data/software/rasqal/0.9.33/bin/rasqal-config"

but when I run  rasqal-config --version I get

[sserbin at modex bin]$ rasqal-config --version
0.9.15

Also
[sserbin at modex bin]$ ./roqet --version
0.9.33

So unless I am missing something it seems like the version number is set wrong in the 0.9.33 release?  But roqet seems fine?

Thanks and apologies if I have missed something obvious

Shawn

Shawn P. Serbin
Associate Scientist
Environmental & Climate Sciences Department
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Upton, NY 11973-5000

Phone: +1-631-344-3165
Fax: +1-631-344-2060