[xml-h] HTTP+XML using REST

Ted Pibil ted at pibil.org
Tue Feb 4 09:33:08 GMT 2003

Did anyone happen to read the article in the Feb 2003 issue of Linux Magazine on doing web services using the REST approach with HTTP and XML instead of XML-RPC and SOAP?  The article was co-written by Paul Prescod.

It stressed making use out of the power of a URI and XML against the constraints of a fixed procedure call.  To me, it also parallels the discussion of utilizing XHTML fully versus implementing RSS.

I am interested in what you-all think about this topic even if you have not had a chance to read the article (and I do not think that they have published it online yet).

--
<ted />
Ted Pibil, ted at pibil.org
Fingerprint = 16F3 68F9 D985 EAD7 46BA BFBB 4258 4E32 76E8 B04A
GPG Public Key: http://www.pibil.org/ted/tp_gpg_key.txt