[xml-h] HTTP+XML using REST

Jan Algermissen algermissen at acm.org
Tue Feb 4 15:49:48 GMT 2003

Ted Pibil wrote:

> Did anyone happen to read the article in the Feb 2003 issue of Linux Magazine on doing web services using the REST approach with HTTP and XML instead of XML-RPC and SOAP?  The article was co-written by Paul Prescod.
>
> It stressed making use out of the power of a URI and XML against the constraints of a fixed procedure call.  To me, it also parallels the discussion of utilizing XHTML fully versus implementing RSS.
>
> I am interested in what you-all think about this topic

Ted,

I came across REST and REST-Web Services about 6 months ago and have been digging
through most of the stuff (articles, ideas etc.) since then. I wholeheartedly
believe that they advocate the right ideas to bring Web Services to success
at internet scale.

Some links to start from:

REST Wiki: http://internet.conveyor.com/RESTwiki/moin.cgi/FrontPage
  --> Resources: http://internet.conveyor.com/RESTwiki/moin.cgi/RestResources

P.Prescod's REST page: http://www.prescod.net/rest

Hope that helps (please become RESTful ;-)

Jan

--
Jan Algermissen                           http://www.topicmapping.com
Consultant & Programmer	                  http://www.gooseworks.org