[xml-h] Belated introduction: Indexing

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Tue Feb 11 15:34:02 GMT 2003

davep at dpawson.co.uk (Dave Pawson) writes:
>I did like the idea of
><q>
>What we need is a user-friendly app that shows me the markup I need to
>see and hides the markup I dont.
></q>
>
>I.e. switched markup. Indexer's set or authors set.
>Perhaps merged from an external source sensitively linked to the source
>text via the editor?
>
>The purpose of the markup being time sensitive is kind of neat.
>Todays view needing X, tomorrows view needing Y.

I've been writing bits of XSLT to do just this with a particularly
thorny vocabulary I'm working with.  It does make it easier to cope.
Somehow I suspect that making it more than coping will involve a lot
more than my hand-written XSLT style sheets, but it's a great idea
generally.

The Just-In-Time-Trees (JITT) folks have done some work with this to
support multiple hierarchies, but that may be more than you're asking
for:

http://sbl-site2.org/Extreme2002/

--
Simon St.Laurent