[xml-h] How semantic are links?

Bob DuCharme bobdc@snee.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:33:06 -0500

At 1/17/03 03:18 PM, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>ndw@nwalsh.com (Norman Walsh) writes:
> >I think my mind is still open on this issue, but I tend pretty
> >strongly towards the former camp, I think. Links are semantic and
> >belong in the markup in a first-class way that I don't think style
> >deserves. If I send you a document, you should be able to know what
> >the links are, even if you have to resort to reading the content in
> >notepad.
>
>Does this also mean that you want the links included directly in
>documents, rather than stored externally in linkbases?

Norm,

It's a trap, don't answer! You're laying the groundwork to talk about data
modeling issues, which I think is an excellent place to start, and Simon's
already asking about implementation details.

Or you could just answer "yes and yes!", which would make sense to me.

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii
(NOTE: bobdc e-mail address used only for mailing lists;
please send private e-mail to bob@)