[xml-h] 1-to-many HTML links, prototyped

Bob DuCharme bobdc at snee.com
Mon Jan 20 20:47:07 GMT 2003

At 1/20/03 12:57 PM, Jonas Jørgensen wrote:
>I like this solution far better than the <nl/> element[1] in the XHTML 2.0
>draft. Have you considered proposing this for XHTML 2.0?

Thanks. My original idea was to demo how to combine XSLT with the DevEdge
JavaScript code to prototype an implementation for any proposed one-to-many
link markup, so that even someone who says that it should look like
it in action.

Isn't the 'a' element being deprecated from XHTML 2, anyway? Such a
proposal would probably be better off coming from someone on the WG, not
from me. Maybe they could simple add 'a' to this deprecated element, which
would actually make the DTD simpler. This whole part of the XHTML 1 DTD
could be dropped,

   <!-- a elements use %Inline; excluding a -->

   <!ENTITY % a.content
      "(#PCDATA | %special; | %fontstyle; | %phrase; | %inline.forms; |
%misc;)*">

and the declaration of 'a' could simply say this:

   <!ELEMENT a %Inline;>

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii
(NOTE: bobdc e-mail address used only for mailing lists;
please send private e-mail to bob@)