[xml-h] RSS as transferable hypertext

ed nixon ed.nixon at lynnparkplace.org
Fri Jan 24 11:33:26 GMT 2003

Mark Pilgrim's latest article at

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/01/22/dive-into-xml.html

is also an interesting read. The recent (past 4 to 6 months) RSS
standardization effort(s), in my view, comprise one of the sadder
stories around: much acrimony, controversy and, frankly, immaturity
among the groups and businesses concerned in RSS promotion.

The most disturbing thing to me is the seeming acceptance/acquiescence
that RSS is not even well-formed XML. Realistic? I guess, but perhaps
there needs to be a wasp-like effort made on behalf of a more consistent
and robust RSS?

                   ...edN