[xml-h] RSS as transferable hypertext

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri Jan 24 13:03:38 GMT 2003

Dave Pawson scripsit:

> >The most disturbing thing to me is the seeming acceptance/acquiescence
> >that RSS is not even well-formed XML. Realistic? I guess, but perhaps
> >there needs to be a wasp-like effort made on behalf of a more consistent
> >and robust RSS?

I agree with this conclusion generally, but for the benefit of people trying
to process buggy RSS feeds, I will again mention TagSoup, the SAX2 parser
in Java for nasty, ugly markup.  As distributed, its tables are configured
for ugly HTML, but I'd be happy to work with someone who has practical
RSS experience (I generate RSS, but I don't import it) to create tables
for scuzzy RSS as well.

--
John Cowan       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
                Clear all so!  `Tis a Jute.... (Finnegans Wake 16.5)