[doap-interest] DOAP Bookmarklet

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Sat Jul 24 04:14:32 BST 2004

I'm probably stepping on stork's toes here, since a lot of the work
going on is really with and because of him, but a ton of FOAF people are
helping to test and use these tools, so I'm just going to go ahead and
drop this in here for others.

Stork has created a DOAP-Viewer web service, available at
http://mouettes.balbinus.net/doap-viewer.php

This page will accept just about anything, and spit out a human readable
visual of the DOAP.

In addition, Stork modified mortenf's FOAF Explorer bookmarklet to work
for the DOAP viewer. The bookmarklet is:

javascript:void(d=document);void(el=d.getElementsByTagName('link'));for(i=0;i<el.length;i++){if(el[i].title.match('/doap/i')!=-1&&el[i].type.indexOf('application/rdf+xml')!=-1){newlocation='http://mouettes.balbinus.net/doap-viewer.php?url=';doap=el[i].href;if(doap.charAt(0)=='/'){doap=location.href+doap.substring(1);}void(location.href=newlocation+doap)};};

If that gets cut or chopped in your client, I've also got it at
http://crschmidt.net/foaf/doap-bookmarklet.html, where you can just drag
it to your bookmarks.

Hopefully Stork won't be too upset that I squished his toes :)

Happy DOAPing!

--
Christopher Schmidt
crschmidt at crschmidt.net