[doap-interest] On the cardinality of properties

Jorge Santos jsf at ciencias.unam.mx
Wed Jan 26 15:11:31 PST 2005

Hello, I have reviewed the IBM developerWorks articles and the mailing
list and I couldn't find an answer to this so here it is: wouldn't it
be a good idea to give a cardinality property
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-guide-20040210/#simpleCardinality)
to some of the properties defined in the DOAP schema to make some
fields compulsory.  For example, in
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-osproj3/ it is
stated: "The only minimum requirement [of a DOAP descrition] to be
useful is the homepage property", wouldn't it be useful then to "make"
this property mandatory in the schema?  There are other fields such as
description and mantainer that could conceivably receive the same
treatment.  Does anyone has comments on this?, why was this not put in
the schema?

Greetings,
Jorge